ENTER HERE: http://gg.entrysys.co.za/
The Golden Gate Challenge is a 3-day stage event, allowing participants to traverse approximately 70km through some of the most iconic scenery in the Golden Gate Highlands National Park. This year the Golden Gate Challenge celebrates 10 years since its’ inception – Come celebrate with us.
What is new in 2021?
The Dino Run – 10km
This will be 10km trail run that will head via Mushroom Rock and return to the Glen Reenen Camp. The Dino Run is open to the public and will be capped at 200 runners. All funds raised through this run will be used for projects run by the SANParks Honorary Rangers in support of the Golden Gate Highlands National Park.
- 3 DAY Stage Run (73km) – R3400 (R2800 + R600 conservation donation)
- 2 DAY Stage Run (10km + 17km) – RUN ONLY – R500 – Garment optional at R200
- 1 DAY Run (17km) – RUN ONLY – R300 – Garment optional at R200
- Dino Run (10km) – RUN ONLY – R200 – Garment optional at R200
- Dates and Venue:
21 October 2021:
Registration at Glen Reenen Campsite
22 October 2021: All runs start from Glen Reenen
Day 1 – 27km
23 October 2021:
Day 2 – 29km
Day 1 (2 DAY RUN) – 10km from the Dinosaur Center
24 October 2021:
Day 3 – 17km
Day 2 (2 DAY RUN) – 17km
3 DAY RUN Package:
- Race garment
- A designated campsite (no tent) – bring own camping gear
- Sufficient refreshment tables
- All meals from Thursday dinner to Sunday breakfast
- You may purchase extra campsites – R500 per campsite
- You may purchase extra meal tickets on site – prices to be confirmed
All funds raised through this event will be used to enable the conservation work being done by WILDLANDS, a programme of the WILDTRUST, SANParks as well as the SANParks Honorary Rangers.