Project: Enhancing the Socio-ecological resilience of rural communities in Maputaland.
The WILDLANDS Programme of the WILDTRUST (Wildlands Conservation Trust) is implementing the BMZ Maputaland Project. This project focusses on ecotourism opportunities and improved agriculture outside protected areas.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a dynamic and committed manager to join the WILDLANDS team, preferably with a relevant tertiary qualification in nature conservation/similar. Extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a formal qualification.
Good relationship and communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently and effectively are essential qualities for this position. The successful candidate must have a driver’s licence, be fluent in spoken and written English (isiZulu will be beneficial). The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years experience in the field and be willing to live and work on a community reserve.
1. Oversee the maintenance and running of a community nature reserve.
2. Liaise with Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife to develop community ecotourism linked to Tembe Elephant Park and uMkhuze Game Reserve.
3. Co-ordination of activities and responsibility for delivery on the project work plan, and support to associated co-funded projects
4. Supervise all staff and training on the project.
5. Supervise the construction of a tented camp.
6. Management of stakeholder engagement to ensure healthy working relationships with all stakeholders.
7. Compile both financial and narrative reports and supporting documentation in
accordance with the project guidelines and submission dates
Based: Sodwana area, KwaZulu Natal.
Duration: Fixed-term contract (up to 30 June 2024).
Start date: as soon as possible.
Remuneration: Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY: Submit a covering motivation letter with not longer than a 4-page CV including a minimum of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 June 2023. Late applications may be disregarded. WILDTRUST reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill this position. Should you not receive a response by 30 June 2023 kindly consider your application unsuccessful.