PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The WILDOCEANS Programme of the WILDTRUST (https://wildtrust.co.za/) is implementing a small-scale fisheries project in iSimangaliso and uThukela Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). The overall goal of this project is to improve the management and sustainability of small-scale fisheries in South Africa while generating working examples of positive relationships between MPAs and the most vulnerable rural fishers living within or adjacent to MPAs, who are dependent on natural resources for local livelihoods and food security. Parallel to this, the project will increase the awareness of the benefits of MPAs to small-scale fishers and explore how tangible benefits can be delivered to and perceived by communities living adjacent to MPAs. Through this work, the project will highlight the role of MPAs in improving socio-ecological resilience for coastal communities, and identify threats to both small-scale fishers and MPAs, and key actions needed to address these.
Key responsibilities/ Duties:
The Project Administration and Logistics Assistant will provide administrative and logistics services, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work and support a dynamic project team.
• Assist in administrative and logistical arrangements for the project and general office events e.g., venue bookings, arrangement of accommodation, transportation, and liaising with travel agencies.
• Assist in the maintenance of a proper filing system for administrative and project documentation.
• Assist with data management, progress tracking (MOVs), and report preparation.
• Assist the project team with procurement, including sourcing quotes, placing uniform orders, etc.
• Assist in organising storage of all goods procured, maintaining and updating inventory lists.
• Assist in daily vehicle management and coordination, monthly audit sheets, and securing car rental services.
• Schedule, book meeting rooms, record meeting notes, and inform team members about meeting arrangements.
• Organise refreshments for meetings/workshops and visitors.
• Support budgeting (petty cash) and bookkeeping procedures.
• Provide general administrative assistance for the project team.
• Carry out other specific projects/duties as specified by the Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent disciplines.
• Minimum 2 years of proven experience in administration and logistics.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and isiZulu.
• A driver’s licence is essential.
• Candidate must be a good communicator, proactive, organised, individually accountable, and able to work under pressure and balance priorities.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
We are looking for a dynamic productive individual. Good relationship and communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently and effectively are essential qualities for this position.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter with a 2-page CV, and a minimum of 3 references to email@example.com by 24 November 2023. Late applications will be disregarded. Interviews will take place during the week of 27 November 2023. Should you not receive an invitation to an interview by 27 November 2023, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. We offer competitive salaries based on qualifications and experience. WILDTRUST reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill this position.