WILDOCEANS and CORDIO, in collaboration with National Parks of Comoros, the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Comoros, IRD, AIDE and UMAMA, are pleased to invite applications for positions in a project, funded by Oceans 5, which is aimed at improved management and planning for existing marine protected areas (MPAs) and supporting goals for expansion of the MPA network in Comoros.
Qualifications and experience: MSc/PhD in marine science and bilingual (French and English). At least 5 years
Fixed-term contract position: From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2024.
Based in Moroni, the objectives and responsibilities of the position are:
1. Implementation of biodiversity studies and monitoring of MPAs designed by CORDIO team.
2. Support the training of MPA Managers, Site Co-ordinators and Eco-guards in monitoring.
3. Organisation of fieldtrips, including preparation of SCUBA equipment and other gear, data sheets, sample collection.
4. Management and analysis of data.
5. Support the CORDIO research team and the Project Manager, including translation.
6. Writing of reports and contribution to scientific publications.
7. Provide information to the communications team for dissemination to stakeholders and for building ocean literacy.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit a 1 to 3-page CV to NatashaR@wildlands.co.za (with at least 3 references) and a Letter of Motivation by 26 August 2021. Certificates of qualification and/or proof of experience must be available on request but not included in the original application. The project team reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill these positions. Should you not receive a response within a month after the closing application date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.