WILDOCEANS and CORDIO, in collaboration with National Parks of Comoros, the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Comoros, IRD, AIDE and UMAMA, are pleased to invite applications for positions in a project, funded by Oceans 5, which is aimed at improved management and planning for existing marine protected areas (MPAs) and supporting goals for expansion of the MPA network in Comoros.
Qualifications and experience: MSc/PhD in marine science and bilingual (French and English). At least 2 years
relevant experience in teaching, fieldwork and/or laboratory management. Part-time (50%) position.
Fixed-term contract position: From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2024.
The objectives and responsibilities of the position are:
1. Set up, maintain and manage a marine biodiversity and MPAs research and monitoring laboratory.
2. Manage equipment and resources (books, samples) held at the University for research and monitoring of MPAs.
3. Participate in training of MPA Managers, Site Co-ordinators and Eco-guards in surveys and monitoring, in collaboration with the CORDIO Project Researcher.
4. Support analysis and management of data collected by the project research and monitoring team.
5. Provide general support to the Project and the project Manager.
6. Writing of reports and contribution to scientific publications.
7. Prepare and present information to NPA and other government officials.
8. Provide information to the communications team for dissemination to stakeholders and for building
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit a 1 to 3-page CV to NatashaR@wildlands.co.za (with at least 3 references) and a Letter of Motivation by 26 August 2021. Certificates of qualification and/or proof of experience must be available on request but not included in the original application. The project team reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill these positions. Should you not receive a response within a month after the closing application date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.