ENTER HERE: http://3cc.entrysys.co.za/
The Three Cranes Challenge is a 3-day stage event, allowing participants to traverse approximately 100km through some of the most pristine sections of the Karkloof valley. After a challenging 2020, the 2021 edition of Three Cranes Challenge will introduce one new event.
What is new in 2021?
Three Cranes Colt Run (10km)
This is a 10km trail run that will start from the Karkloof Conservancy Centre to the base camp at the Bushwillow Caravan Park. The Colt Run is open to the public and will be capped at 200 runners. All the funds raised through this run will be used for Crane conservation projects in partnership with the Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) who has been instrumental in the success of Crane conservation in the Karkloof and South Africa for many years.
- Three Cranes Challenge R3400 (R2800 + R600 conservation donation)
- Three Cranes Colt Run R200
- 3- Day stage trail run
- 10km trail run
Dates and Venue:
8 July 2021: Registration at Bushwillow Campsite
9 July 2021: Day 1 – 35.4km starting from Bushwillow Campsite
10 July 2021: Day 2 – 42.2km starting from Bushwillow Campsite
10km Colt Run starting from Karkloof Conservancy Centre
11 July 2021: Day 3 – 22.4km starting from Bushwillow Campsite
- Day 1 starts at 05:30am.
- Day 2 starts at 05:30am.
- Day 3 starts at 04:30am.
Three Cranes Challenge Package:
- Race garment
- A designated campsite (no tent) big enough for a standard two-man tent to be pitched
- Sufficient refreshment tables
- Dinner and breakfast from Thursday to Sunday
- Exclusive runners’ zone
- You may purchase extra campsites – R500 per campsite
- You may purchase extra meal packages for the weekend – R700 per person
All funds raised through this event will be used to enable the Crane conservation work being done by the WILDTRUST, Karkloof Conservancy as well as the Endangered Wildlife Trust.