ENTER HERE: http://gg.entrysys.co.za/
The Golden Gate Challenge is a 3-day stage event, allowing participants to traverse approximately 70km through some of the most iconic scenery in the Golden Gate Highlands National Park. After the forgotten year, the 2021 edition of the Golden Gate Challenge will introduce 1 new distance.
What is new in 2021?
The Dino Run (between 8 and 10km)
This will be an 8-10km trail run that will start at the Glen Reenen Rest Camp. It will head up and over the Brandwag stairs and return to the Glen Reenen Camp. The Dino run is open to the public and will be capped at 200 runners. All funds raised through this run will be used for projects run by the SANParks Honorary Rangers in support of the Golden Gate Highlands National Park.
- Golden Gate Challenge R3400 (R2800 + R600 conservation donation)
- Golden Gate Dino Run R200
- 3- Day stage trail run
- 8-10km trail run
Dates and Venue:
21 October 2021: Registration at Glen Reenen Campsite
22 October 2021: Day 1 – 27km starting from Glen Reenen
Short course will be available. Distance will be approximately 18km
23 October 2021: Day 2 – 29km starting from Glen Reenen
Short route will be available. Distance will be approximately 10km to 12km
8km – 10km Dino Run start Glen Reenen or Dinosaur Center
24 October 2021: Day 3 – 17km starting from Glen Reenen Campsite
Golden Gate Challenge Package:
- Race garment
- A designated campsite (no tent) big enough for a standard two-man tent to be pitched
- Sufficient refreshment tables
- All meals from Thursday dinner to Sunday breakfast
- You may purchase extra campsites – R500 per campsite
- You may purchase extra meal packages for the weekend – R700 per person
All funds raised through this event will be used to enable the conservation work being done by WILDLANDS, a programme of the WILDTRUST, SANParks as well as the SANParks Honorary Rangers.