WILDOCEANS and CORDIO, in collaboration with National Parks of Comoros, the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Comoros, IRD, AIDE and UMAMA, are pleased to invite applications for positions in a project, funded by Oceans 5, which is aimed at improved management and planning for existing marine protected areas (MPAs) and supporting goals for expansion of the MPA network in Comoros.
Qualifications and experience: MSc or PhD in marine science, bilingual (fluent speaking and competent writer– French and English). At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
Fixed-term contract position: From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2024.
Based in Moroni, the objectives and responsibilities of the position are:
1. Liaise with National Parks Authority, and other senior government officials.
2. Co-ordination and responsibility for delivery on the project work plan.
3. Working with project partners (including local NGOs) and other organisations to achieve project outcomes.
4. Management of stakeholder engagement to ensure healthy working relationships with all stakeholders.
5. Management of a team of project staff and management of relationships with local NGOs (AIDE, UMAMA and OPAS).
6. Financial management and project administration.
7. Writing all project reporting including narrative and financial reporting.
8. Conducting field visits and hosting donors in all nodes of the project.
9. Working with the communications team to ensure effective and accurate public communications about the project.
10. Oversight of management of scientific equipment used for the project
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit a 1 to 3-page CV to NatashaR@wildlands.co.za (with at least 3 references) and a Letter of Motivation by 26 August 2021. Certificates of qualification and/or proof of experience must be available on request but not included in the original application. The project team reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill these positions. Should you not receive a response within a month after the closing application date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.