WILDOCEANS and CORDIO, in collaboration with National Parks of Comoros, the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Comoros, IRD, AIDE and UMAMA, are pleased to invite applications for positions in a project, funded by Oceans 5, which is aimed at improved management and planning for existing marine protected areas (MPAs) and supporting goals for expansion of the MPA network in Comoros.
Qualifications and experience: A Diploma or BSc would be an advantage. As a minimum a senior school completion certificate, with good grades, is required. At least 3 years of relevant experience in marine science or involvement in management activities of MPAs.
Fixed-term contract positions: From 1 October 2021 to 31 December 2023.
Based locally at each MPA (x4 positions), the objectives and responsibilities of the positions are:
1. Liaison with and support to the MPA managers at each MPA.
2. Organise and facilitate project meetings at MPA site level.
3. Support and participate in training of stakeholders and managers at the MPA site.
4. Support and engage with the NGO partner (AIDE/UMAMA) for implementation of community activities and marine awareness at schools.
5. Conduct monitoring and studies in collaboration with the community and MPA managers.
6. Support the Project Manager and Researchers in field activities and logistics.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit a 1 to 3-page CV to NatashaR@wildlands.co.za (with at least 3 references) and a Letter of Motivation by 26 August 2021. Certificates of qualification and/or proof of experience must be available on request but not included in the original application. The project team reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill these positions. Should you not receive a response within a month after the closing application date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.